Work with us!
Take part in our journey to greatness.
Teramount, an innovative and fast-growing startup in the field of silicon photonics, is solving a major obstacle for the next-generation data center co-packaged switches.
We are looking for exceptional talents to join the team.
VP Product development
We’re looking for a Vice President (VP) of Product Development who will play a pivotal role in the future of our company and its move to product phase. Our VP of Product will be responsible for the technical vision and development of our product. You’ll be managing other engineers and developers, collaborating with the marketing and support teams, toward achieving strategic initiatives as well as providing the overall vision for the product roadmap.
- Provide engineering leadership and technical project management in new photonic packaging product design, development, qualification, and NPI.
- Create and execute technical project plans. Collaborate with other function groups including design and fabrication.
- Work directly with customers and suppliers and support volume fabrication ramp-up .
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of product managers, developers, and related personnel.
- Product planning including technical description, creating a product file and assignment of tasks and deliverables.
- Product lifecycle management from concept to launch of the product(s) across all products/product lines.
- Lead, define, represent and communicate product strategy to all stakeholders.
- Assess product development sprints and enhancement opportunities.
- Develop budgets, forecasts, and metrics.
- Monitor product development sprints and evaluate results.
- Own the product roadmap and communicate with C-level staff, board members, and other stakeholders.
- Lead Product Marketing Managers to assess product mix and marketing strategy.
- Monitor and manage strategic marketing plans for each product or product lines.
- Define pricing and competitive positioning for each product.
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action.
- Build incredible teams and processes to deliver products that satisfy the needs of customers.
- Become the key evangelist/champion of product and participate in press activities, conferences, discussions with thought leaders and market analysts.
- Ph.D or M.Sc degree in physics, optics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, with deep understanding in the world of data centers, datacom and telecom
- 5 years of experience as a product leader
- Experience in opto-electronic packaging development
- Experience with optical transceivers is preferred
- Expertise with high speed optoelectronic components including specifications, hands on design and development, performance optimization, qualification and high-volume manufacturing.
- Strategic & creative thinker with the ability to craft go-to-market strategies and campaigns in collaboration with marketing
- Demonstrated knowledge of operational issues with (portfolio management, risk management, etc.)
- Able to formulate and implement global strategies for products
- Customer-centric mindset with the capability of translating that into the product development process
- Successfully implemented data-driven processes to turn a vision into an actionable roadmap
- People leader with demonstrated success in leading and mentoring the research, design, and development team
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Understand the customer experience and needs
- Direct experience with digital management software or workplace collaboration software is desiredAble to distill product roadmaps into digestible and relevant presentations to key customers and partners. Strong technical and verbal/written communication skills
- Drive product analytics to understand feature usage, comprehension, and optimization
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Competitive salary and special benefits
- Stock options